Sunday, August 9, 2009

From Long and Lean... to Stout and Mean!









I'm always looking for opportunities to expand my experiences in Adobe Illustrator and, when I found a website that allows you to submit designs for t-shirts, posters and logos, I decided to join. Despite a constant influx of open competitions through this site, I am looking primarily for opportunities to designs products that include dogs or other animals. When I found an open competition to design a t-shirt for a football team called the "bulldawgs", I decided to give it a try. Bulldogs are so different from the long lines of greyhounds, that I initially had a little trouble. After downloading a photograph of a bulldog, I was able to put together the first image (hand drawn - not clip art). This particular bulldog represents a slightly different style for me. I almost never outline my images in black (a little too harsh for my tastes), but I was pretty happy with how this one came out. However, after some amount of playing around, the designs I eventually submitted looked quite different from the original dog.

The client also wanted a pair of angel's wings in the design. About a year ago, I found an online tutorial about designing wings in Illustrator. I finally got to use them! My submitted design (one of roughly a dozen) is being decided upon as I write this. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment