Sunday, March 14, 2010

"DAVE" sparks a marathon




Towards the end of last year, I posted some illustrations of my greyhounds to the gallery of a web board called GreyTalk. One image in particular, resulted in a couple of commissions. So, I decided to run a small caricature marathon at the beginning of 2010. For $30 CDN the client received a few jpeg files of varying sizes, a png "clip art" type file, a small file to be used as a web board signature, and a few files (of varying sizes) to be used a computer wall paper. Requests are still trickling in because someone spotted a signature, and wanted to know where to get one.

The irony is that "DAVE" was not created to make posters or signatures. He was engineered so that I might be able to animate him in the future. Although I have several images of greyhounds that I can pull into Flash, most are way too complicated (at least for me) to animate. Dave represents a simpler version of my artwork, although it may still be a while before I can pull it off successfully. Animated Dave may never see the light of day (particularly with my work schedule). In the meantime, I am satisfied that he inspired artwork for a few new happy customers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment