Monday, March 15, 2010

Drumm Gets Kids Reading!









I seldom get requests for posters for children. The vast majority of my work has been for adults. So, when Drumm's owner contacted me, I was more than happy to take this project on. Drumm's a borzoi and, in his home state of Alabama, he is heavily involved in a program called Sit!Stay!Read! When Drumm's owner contacted me a while back, she was interested in a poster she could leave with Drumm's kids at the end of the school year. She also wanted an image that she could print out for the kids to color. This order represents an example of the range of requests I get (from clip art and logos, to web board signatures and coloring book images).

Drumm is truly special. He encourages kids to read, understands commands in Russian, and he can even count! Early in March, I had the pleasure of meeting Drumm and his owner when they brought some retired greyhounds from Alabama to GRA Canada (insert shameless plug here) for adoption. When she mentioned to me that she was headed to Canada in March, I had no idea she was headed to GRA, and she had no idea I lived so close by. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment